Shipper Receiver Oakville Ontario
Now Hiring – Shipper & Receiver in our Oakville Office
Tuesday April 2nd, 2018
Media Resources is a dynamic, growing organization focused on delivering an integrated set of products and services to the sign industry. As part of this mandate Media Resources manufactures digital LED displays of all sizes, has sign installation services, and prints large format digital printing for customers across Canada, the United States and South America.
As part of our growth strategy, we are looking for a Shipper & Receiver for our Oakville facility.
• Perform general physical activities in order to load, unload, sort and move shipments by hand or using material handling equipment
• Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as purchase orders, or invoices, to verify accuracy of shipment
• Pack, seal, and label materials to prepare for shipping
• Adhere to shipping and receiving policies/procedures, and regulatory compliance procedures including receiving RMA parts
• Maintain compliance with laws, regulations, and/or standards and complete appropriate documentation as required
• Prepare documents for shipping orders (such as bills of lading, contacting trucking companies for quotes to get the best price for delivery of our product, on time and safely)
• Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications
• Assisting with crating and packaging (shrink wrapping)
• Maintain shipping and receiving area daily (5S+1)
• Track products from our Company to Customer, from beginning to end.
• Quote shipments using multiple carrier options to achieve optimal delivery/pricing
• Proactively track shipments, ensuring successful delivery
• Perform international shipping including preparation of the necessary documents
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• 2 years shipping & receiving experience preferably in manufacturing.
• Knowledge of International Shipping & Geography an asset
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Analytical skills to read and understand instructions, add and subtract numbers, and understand and transmit instructions.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office.
• Positive, friendly demeanor.
• Ability to perform in an environment with frequent interruptions and short deadlines.
• Computer Hardware and Associated Software (e.g. data entry, document management, label making, order process systems, transportation management systems, scanning, procurement, spreadsheet, electronic mail)
• Scanning Equipment (e.g. bar code scanning equipment)
• Packaging Tools (e.g. staplers, tape guns, strapping machines, hammers)
• Material Handling Equipment (e.g. forklift, dolly, pump cart)
If you feel you would be a great fit for this position please submit your resume by responding to this posting.
We appreciate all applicants who submit a resume, however please note that only the applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this position, use the contact form below to send in your resume